Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"curry"-ous cuisine


I have been craving Indian curry lately so I thought I'd indulge my appetite.  I decided to make a coconut chicken curry (with tomatoes, chickpeas, potatoes, and spinach) and some Indian coconut rice (with raisins, cashews, and turmeric).  Jay kept asking, "what is that smell?"  I explained to him that it was the smell of deliciousness.

So I know that as adults we "eat with our eyes", so I assume that children are no different.  I took my time with plating the dishes, all under the "curry"-ous and watchful eye of Mr.J:


Do I spy a chili pepper?


Here's the before plate shot:  (notice Jay is still smiling and in good spirits...)


So, here's the after plate shot: 




It looks like he liked about 75% of his meal.  Jay  really enjoyed the Indian rice and his naan bread but we will need to work on his curry palate.  Not exactly the clean plate club, but for his first time trying Indian food, not too shabby.  Jay has earned his honorary Indian name: son-Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment