Sunday, November 7, 2010

Jayden's first Slumberparty

For a couple of months now, Jayden and his best-est buddy Lillie have been talking about having a sleepover.  So for Lillie's birthday, we gave a her own Buzz Light Year sleeping bag (she is a Toy Story fanatic) and a coupon for a slumber-party at the Marriott house.

Lillie redeemed the coupon yesterday and we all had a blast!  We built hospitals, visited a petting farm, went dancing, and yes, there was some fighting, but once a truce was called we went for dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants - you know, one of those mom and pop's kind of place.  After that, we got our PJ party started and went to visit a Fort.  There, we watched a drive-in movie before turning into bed.  Did we mention that we did all this, without leaving the comforts of the Marriott house ; )


Fun with Legos (hospital is in the background)

 Look, a non-princess car

We were Buddy-sitting this weekend (the Scraba's furry child)
(and yes, this was considered the "petting farm")
 
 our kids loved the Budster

dueling:

 how disagreements are settled at the Marriott house

 Lillie-Joan of Arc

 Don't mess with me!

Dinner time at a cozy, family run Italian restaurant:
(this place serves up the best homemade grilled pizzas)
 
 Jayden ordering for Lillie

 Chris's impromptu Italiano lessons.
(Although I'm not sure how Italian or politically correct this is... )
"I'ma gonna tell you a story abouta corksoaker..."

 Looking at the dessert menu

Can I have the Sundae on a Saturday?

Getting ready for bed:
 

Welcome to Fort Bedsheets!
 The spectacular lights show
 
Judging by the kids' huge glo-in-the-dark smiles, 
I think they were having fun : )
 

After we watched a short movie (projected on Jay's wall), the kids declared they were completely wiped out.  Chris and I were initially concerned as whether our little guest could fulfill the "sleep" part of a sleepover, especially since she mentioned at bedtime how she missed her mommy.  We called her family to say goodnight and within a few minutes of being tucked in, both kids were sound asleep.  They made it all the way until early this morning, when we had to wake up the sleepyheads for 4:00am hockey.

Here is a picture of Lillie this morning, 
celebrating her rite of passage with a bowl of cheerios and milk before hockey practice.
Good job Lillie - we are so proud of you and love you very much : )

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!! Oh it looks like so much fun!
    I want a coupon too!!!
    Thanks guys for making L's sleepover so super extra special. She came home with the biggest smile ever and kept talking in some Italian accent :)
    Thank you SOOOO much!
    Lillie-Joan of Arc's family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope her Italian did not start off with, "Looka you corksoaker, I'ma gonna tella you a story..." If it did, all my husby's fault!

    ReplyDelete