Normally the Marriott clan travels for the month of December. This year, we found ourselves at home for the holidays. It was wonderfully relaxing and we cherished every moment!
I woke up to the smell of breakfast and coffee. I looked beside me at the empty bed (Chris must have been to excited to sleep) and then glanced over to my clock - 10:30am! Oh my goodness, I normally never sleep in and of all days to do it - Christmas morning. I wondered why no one woke me up, I guess my present was to get to sleep in. What sweethearts. I was greeted by glowing faces and "Look Mama, Santa came!".
Jayden about to open his first present from Santa!
I have a mighty suspicsion that Ol' Saint Nick gets a kick-back from Legos...
Present from my boys!
I love it
Star War LEGOs - Jay was not the only one in heaven!
Christmas 2010 - Some assembly required
Later that afternoon we headed over to the nuthouse to spend Christmas with the Scraba family - Adam, Erin, and their most adorable little girl - Claire! We had such a great time, Erin made the most delicious food - she will now always be known as "the meat whisper-er".
(Aside: Nuthouse - not in reference to the family's mental health (although we do get quite kooky when we all get together), their loft used to be part of a walnut factory - super cool.)
Here is Claire-bear with the stroller we gave her for Christmas.
You should have seen her go!
Sweet Retro Ride
Claire was just happy to be next to Jayden - how cute!
Life has been so hectic lately, it was so wonderful to catch up with great friends. The night was filled with so much laughter, love, and warmth. It was a great reminder of what the holidays are all about!
No comments:
Post a Comment