Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Shhh, Secret Santa at work

At school, the kids had a secret Santa gift exchange.  We decided to make a Gingerbread Girl Doll/Ornament.  I cut out a gingerbread shape and Jayden decorated it and stitched the gingerbread together.  Not just any type of stitch, mind you, Jayden did some fancy "blanket stitching"!  This was the first time he tried sewing, he was so cautious and deliberate with every stitch (not even one finger poke, whereas, I'm normally a bloody mess).  The result, of course, perfection.  I am so proud of him.

 
 
 

While J.J. was busy sewing, I made the doll some hair and a dress (both removable).

 
 
Here is the end product.  J.J. and I are very happy how it turned out.  In fact, mama wanted to keep it and just buy his secret Santa gift instead.  But Jayden was insistent that he made this for his friend and that he'll make more for us at home (yes, we are role-reversed at times but what mommy wouldn't want to keep her son's first sewing project).  We are in the works of making a whole gingerbread family for our tree.  We love this idea so much, we are seriously thinking of making & selling these (then I could quit my job and Jayden could support me). ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment