Monday, February 14, 2011

Jayden's Valentine

Jayden passed out Valentines last Friday.  It has always been a tradition to make our own Valentines.  This year we started the night before and an hour before J's bedtime.  It was a sweatshop of cutting, pasting, writing, etc.  Chris and I helped out, we did not get finished until 10pm!  Jayden was very happy on how they turned out and so were we.

 
We attached little Popsicles to the card and the message read "You make my heart melt".  All the kids raved about the cards and Jayden was very proud of his creation.

After the party, I was cleaning out Jayden's book bag and stumbled across a very special Valentines - Jayden's first love letter from a girl!  While reading the first paragraph, I thought to myself, "Ahhh, how sweet"!  The second paragraph, welled tears in my eyes.  The third paragraph made my jaw drop wide open...in Vincent Van Gogh sort of way; the artist who cut off his ear to impress a girl.   


The letter reads:
"Thank you for being my best friend Jayden.  This is for you [cut outs of words like love, hope, care, etc.], use it anyway you want.  I cut these myself.  I hope you like them.  P.S.  I love you, happy valentines day.  P.P.S.  I pulled one of my hairs for you I put it in the bag, you may not see it but its in there."

With eyes wide open, I slowly raised the clear ziplock baggie and examined.  Yup, there was the strand of love hair.  Wow, I did not realize puppy love started so young...and could be so intense.  (Truthfully, I'm not too worried.  This little girl is a sweetheart...but I do wonder what type of media she is exposed to.)

Anyways, I decided that this little girl put a lot of thought and care into this letter.  So I mentioned to Jayden that he should thank her for her very special Valentines.  So Jayden took it to heart and made one for her (all on his own):


Very sweet and minus the exchange of a bodily memento - mama is happy (I'm not ready to deal with all that just yet).

On the second thought, perhaps Jayden's little friend is on to something.  Hallmark Cards seem to have a card for every occasion, however, I have not yet seen "I've enclosed a piece of me" card.  Maybe I'll have her pitch this to Hallmark. 

1 comment: